Cremerie de Paris was founded in 1870 during the times of the Pavillons Baltard and the Halles de Paris.
According to the Legend the Emperess Eugenie, wife of Emperor Napoleon III
used to go there to buy cheese.
Part of the Cremerie goes back to 1690, the location was previously used
to be the first Post office in Paris. The courtyard of the Cremerie is still a witness to history.
In 1970, with the end of the Halles de Paris the first Cremerie closed and remained closed for 17 years.
In 1987 Electrica for Sony arrived on rue des Halles
and in 1993 the Cremerie became the central Sony Boutique.
In the mid 1990s the Cremerie progressively turned into
becoming the very first Internet Cafe in Paris,
at a time where Americans were already used to be online while the Hotels in Paris had not connection.
During that period was invented in the Cremerie de Paris
the Phonebook of the World.
VB.com, one of the World's shortest Internet adresses also has a relation
with the Internet experiance of the Cybercafe (Cremerie)
In 2010 the Cremerie converted into a showroom and expostion center.
In 2011 VB.com became a Portal for Very Beautiful Brands of the World,
some of them having exposed at the Cremerie.