|LG History & Timeline :
1947 were layed in Korea the roots of the chemical company
Lak-Hui Chemical Industrial Corp
which is today one of the divisions of the LG Conglomerate (LG Chem).
Lak-Hui is pronounced "Lucky".
In 1958 was established Goldstar (today LG Electronics)
a consumer electronics company bringing out Korea's first radio.
Both companies merged and formed Lucky Goldstar.
In 1995 to better compete in the western market
the complicated Lucky-Goldstar name was shorte "LG", matching the companie's intitials.
A new ad concept was created around the expression Life's Good,
The company logo of LG features the letters L and G, presented in the form of a smiling human face .
The founder is
LG Electronics is most prominent subsidary of LG Corp.
LG Electronics makes different consumer electronics products
like Plasma TVs, mobile phones
and home appliances like washing machines, vacuum cleaners and refrigerators.
Origin of the LG Name & Logos & Internet Domains
|Facts & Figures about LG today
The CEO is Koo Bon-Moo.
Today LG Corp is the holding company for 15 subsidaries:
- LG Electonics manufacturing of consumer electronic products;
- LG Chem Ltd manufacturing of petrochemical products;
- LG CNS Co., Ltd., software development and information technology (IT);
- LG Siltron Incorporated, manufacturing silicon wafers;
- LG Solar Energy Inc., engaged in photovoltaic power generation business
- SERVEONE, purchasing agency business;
- LUSEM CO., LTD., engaged in the driver integrated circuit (IC) business, light emitting diode (LED) package business and radio frequency identification (RFID) business;
- and others.
2010 revenues are ... $89.5 billion
employing 186,000 people
The LG stock is traded with the ticker symbol TXN.
More from Google Finance